Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm back...

Wow, August??

I'm afraid writing just isn't my choice of creative expression, plus, I'm lazy.  So if anyone still checks this blog to see if I've actually posted something new, I apologize for my extended absence.  I'll try to be better, I promise.


SO, when I last left you all at the ends-of-your-seats waiting for my next post, it was mid-August.  Let's pick up where we left off and catch up from there, shall we?  


I was trying to keep up with the harvest from my garden, I had a very bountiful season.  In addition to the huge pepper harvest (I've provided a picture of some of the types I had) I also successfully grew: Sugar Snap Peas, Collards, Kale, Garlic, Zucchini, cukes, 2 types of Eggplant, Lettuce, Strawberries, a few varieties of tomatoes, and a wide selection of herbs on the back porch.  


                             Pepper Harvest 2010
                               Habanero, Anaheim, Big Jim, Jalapeno, Hungarian hot


As Summer led into Fall, I was judged and accepted into a Christmas Art Fair in Jamaica Plain.  The date was the first Saturday in December so I began making jewelry non-stop.  I ended up having a great day, not *as* great as last year's fair, but the other 2 connected art fairs that usually run the same day didn't happen this year, so I think as a result there were far less people.  The place is usually jam-packed but this year not so much.  Still, I was pleased with my results.  I made some good connections which resulted in some etsy sales as well.  Sadly, I did not take a picture of my beautiful table all set up, I'm so mad at myself for that!!


Etsy
HandofStone


With the fair over, I breathed a sigh of relief.  I could now *finally* begin my Christmas shopping and preparations for the family Christmas we hold at my wee little apartment every year. 




Then, a couple of weeks before Christmas I received a request from a former client, she wanted a toy chest and rocking chair for a Christmas present for her grand-kids.  OY!  I love this woman, she is so nice, which is probably why I said "yes".  

Let the insanity begin. 

It wouldn't have been so bad, but it was all raw wood so I had to sand, prime and paint before I even began the design work...
She wanted a "sports" trunk, with everything you see painted on it, plus a rocking chair with daisies and wording.  I know they both would have been better, had I more time.  Not to mention the rotten cold I acquired didn't help.  
All in all, I was okay with the results, and my client was thrilled.  Sent me a sweet thank-you saying how special I made Christmas for her family.  *sniff* Made the stress all worth it!!  




  




 The rest of the Winter was pretty quiet.  The girls and I continued our "Creative Wednesdays" I dabbled with some painting, and Tim and I took a really nice trip to Montreal with G and L.  I've never been there, it was a beautiful city.  It reminded me alot of Boston except larger, and I have to say I think in general they dress much more fashionably there.  Even in winter!  Here is a picture from our lovely suite of downtown Montreal.  







   

February was a sad month, our little buddy Spot passed away.  He outlived 3 dogs and 2 apartments.  He is greatly missed!  :(                                                     


So, to wrap things up, I also attended some live entertainment.  Some local metal bands with C and J, also the more well known Clutch, Motorhead, and the most excellent "Dead Weather"  I saw some Fantastic Burlesque shows courtesy of  Rogue Burlesque, as well as The Bread and Puppet theater with A., a record release show for my friends in the band "They will hate us" and some other fun events and dinners.


That's pretty much it in a nutshell, more to come soon!!!  I *promise*!

No comments:

Post a Comment