Friday, April 1, 2011

Peeptastic


Last night was creative night.  (Yep, we're still doing them!)  I hosted this time, so I got to pick the project.  I know Easter is a ways off this year, but the peeps are out and they are calling to me.  After stuffing my self with their marshmallow yummyness at work, I decided they would be our muse for the evening.

There is a website called "Daily Paintworks"  where artists put their work up for sale.  They have a "weekly challenge" you can try, and post your results for free.  These results are also for sale so you could make some money while you're at it.  I chose the "10 minute challenge"  for this weeks project.  You have 10 minutes to paint in each 3x3" square, when the timer goes off you rearrange your still life and start again.  It's a great challenge, it forces you to stay loose and not get too tight and meticulous about what goes on the paper.

Here are our results:  

H's Peeps



C's Peeps

My Peeps

I love how they are all so different!  T made us a healthy dinner, and we had peeps for dessert.  Except for C, she hates peeps!  :-O

2 comments:

  1. oh no. They are heaven. The combination of fluffy marshmallow, crunchy sugar, and a hint of cardboard....mmm.
    So are any of you selling those Peep paintings? I'm a HUGE fan of peeps and have some friends that live in Bethlehem PA (birthplace of the Peep and it's creator, Just Born) They'd love a peep painting for Hanukkah this year....Or I'd hang it in the shop..

    ReplyDelete