Monday, March 15, 2010

Live model drawing at the MFA

I recently discovered through my good friend Christine  that the Museum of Fine Arts has free live model drawing on Wednesday nights.  How convenient, since Wednesdays are free (with a donation requested...)

It is held in different spots throughout the museum each week, which I think is great!  I've added some of my sketches here...now, keep in mind I haven't sketched live models since probably art school, and that was AWHILE ago!

I arrived early so was also able to catch the Durer exhibit, fantastic prints!  Also, I viewed the "Bharat Ratna" Jewels of Modern India exhibit, Toulouse Lautrec's  "Cafe and Cabaret" and the Luis Melendez exhibit, which was *amazing*...although it made me hungry!  I've added the Globe review of the Melendez show after this post.  I also wandered around checking out all the new parts of the Museum, and some old favorites.  We were evacuated at one point, so I was also able to experience the Babyheads out back.  They are VERY cool!  I wasn't able to snap a picture though, we had to BACK AWAY FROM THE BUILDING!                                                                
All in all it was a fun night, I will definitely go back, and cudos to the MFA for offering this as well as free supplies should people need them.

I love this city!

1 comment: