Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spring is coming!!

As you can tell from the few pitiful posts here, I have not been too creative lately.  I blame the long winter, after the holiday season my creativity sort of fizzles out.  I walk the dog in the cold, dark morning, and come home in the dark as well.  The couch and a good book then claim me. 

 However, the other day on my walk to work down Commonwealth Ave. in the Back Bay I spied some Snowdrops and Crocuses in a front yard.  I felt the first stirrings of creative energy in awhile!  I went home that night and started the seeds for my garden.  

I've started some Collards and Kale, San Marzanos, thai and jalapeno peppers, dill, basil and thyme, Morning Glories and Sunflowers.  Right into the dirt will go my sugar snap peas, carrots, spinach and radishes.  Hopefully my lavender, chives, and some Perennials come back again.  I can't wait!

The garden is a little forlorn at the moment, but that will change soon enough!!
 
 All of this Garden preparation and planting of seeds has jump-started my creative energy.  I've registered my etsy store to start selling my jewelry, put away and organized my new beads, and have some new ideas for paintings to add to the list of paintings I still haven't started.  I have grand plans to start those paintings as well, but maybe I shouldn't get too ahead of myself AS usual....

1 comment: