Friday, April 30, 2010

Citrus and Lilacs

This past Wednesday night was the last one of the month, so no models at the MFA.  Christine and I decided to continue with our own still lifes...  Since C hosted the last one, I was up this week.
  
I don't have any cool skulls lying around the house, so it being lilac season I decided we'd start with some lilacs from my community garden sitting in a pot my brother made.  I added the last bottle of limoncello Tim and I had brewed this past holiday season, some oranges, grapefruit, limes (also in a pot by D.) and a coconut.  Also a pewter tray that was my grandmother's.

Not a bad little still life, although those lilacs are a bitch to draw!  Didn't think of that ahead of time....


We also did a color sketch with some colored pencils


I'm not as happy with this one, I'd much rather paint it than use colored pencils, I'll add it to my long list of  "to be painted". 





For snacks I made a batch of Kale Chips.  These things are so yummy, and good for you!  I just love them.  I'm going to try and make beet chips next.






While we were drawing, Tim was smoking up some BBQ ribs and chicken with the delicious Kentucky Bourbon bbq sauce I received as part of my swap gift from Katherine They came out SO good!  We also had collards and cole slaw, and T's famous chocolate bread pudding with marshmallow sauce for dessert. 

OH YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment