Friday, April 16, 2010

Sweet Spring Swap

I just love reading creative people's blogs.  Foodie blogs, crafty blogs, I love them all.  This past winter I took part in my first 'swap'.  Jen from The Gregarious Homebody hosted it.  I had to spend exactly $25 on the "Winter Gastronomy Swap" no more, no less.  Obviously, these crafty people create many of their gifts to stretch their dollars, plus it makes it all the more fun!  I enjoyed it so much, when Laura from A dozen Eggs  decided to host a "Sweet Spring Swap" I had to join in!

I was paired with Katherine, an amazing cook and baker.  She owns and runs The Yellow House Cakery   in Kentucky.  If you're ever in Kentucky in need of a cake, she's the gal to go see!

For Katherine's package, I found some cute flower shaped silicone baking cups(She makes amazing cupcakes!)  and some cute pink polka-dot cupcake papers.  Some spring cookie cutters, and candied pink and yellow grapefruit. 

For the creative part, I made her one of my custom slates with her logo on it.  I've made quite a few slates in the past, my brother used to work in a stone quarry and they had a bunch of slate shingles from an old church.  Sadly, I'm almost out.  

I packaged it all in springy tissue and some shredded purple paper.

Yesterday, I received her swap gift to me, enfolded in a mass of sparkly spring tissue, I found a whole bunch of spring booty!  Very cute plates, napkins, and tissues with my initials on them.  (I am oddly very excited about these tissues...)  A very pretty journal with my beloved paisley, and some bath confetti. :)

Some cute springy ramekin bowls, 


..and my favorite gift was some Kentucky Bourbon BBQ sauce, and some sweet pepper jelly from her own garden.  I think, via her suggestion, I will slather this yummy jelly on a block of cream cheese and eat it with some crackers, yum! 

We are both thrilled with our gifts, and I've made another friend. 
 Can't wait for Tim to stoke up the giant smoker and make me some ribs with my new sauce!!!

3 comments:

  1. You better be havin' us ovah for that BBQ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had fun, both packages look great! Love the slate, very nice job duplicating her logo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So fun to follow your blog and see the pics. I had a great fun and absolutely adore all my goodies!

    ReplyDelete