Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Numero Uno

So here goes...first post.

Hope I don't bore people to tears with this, but, hey, you don't have to read it, right?  I want to have a place where I record whatever creative endeavors I manage to eke out day to day.  I'm sure other stuff will make it's way in here...but I want to try and do at least one creative thing a day.  Be it painting, jewelry-making, cooking or gardening.  As you'll see, I'm not a very good writer, so I won't include that!

I'll start with some of the bigger things I've done in the recent past.
 

There was of course, THE COWS



Biography for the Sunflower Cow

Sunflowers and cows are a natural together, as everyone knows.  Popularized by painters in the nineteenth century, sunflowers are prized for their seeds, which, like cows, are delicious when roasted in the oven.






Biography for Spot the Cow

Young Spot was a simple cow, black and white like the world she grew up in.  Then, she got a sponser.  Flagship press wanted to know if she could be red and blue for a good cause.  Gladly!  Because a leopard can't change its spots, but a cow can.



Boston Cow Parade  was extremely fun!  Painting life-sized cow statues in my tiny apartment living room was quite the experience...the first week or so the cow would scare us to death when we got up in the middle of the night.




I was also chosen to paint an electric box on a sidewalk in Roslindale for Boston Shines 2009 .  Painting an electric box out on the street, in front of the RMV, by the big bus stop, was also quiet the experience!  But I have to say, the fine people of Roslindale were very supportive and had nothing but kind words for me!






The box has been tagged since then, but c'est la vie, it is pulic art after all.  I have a friend who told me "You may have the distinction of producing fine art for dogs to pee on and old people to lean on!"










                                            I may have found my niche.  ;p

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this. You lead a much more interesting life than me so you can bring me traffic ;). Awesome Tracy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I too believe that cows are tasty when roasted

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to be part of your daily artistic creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you had a blog!!!
    So cool that you painted some cows. Love the leopard in front of the Library.
    There was a cow that we used to drive by EVERY day and I could never figure out what the hell it was suppose to be.
    It finally dawned on me one day....it was a silver collander filled with spaghetti.
    All this time I was thinking it might be a UFO cow.
    It was in front of the big convention center over in South Boston, on Summer St.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved those cows all over the city! I also was able to watch people's reactions since I was selling pretzels in Boston Common at the time. People really seemed to like them! The Boston Park Ranger horses weren't too thrilled though!

    ReplyDelete